Seeking hard-working second shift manufacturing/production or construction workers who love to work with their hands. Framing, carpentry or truss assembly experience preferred. Will train. Starting wage is $11.00. More $ for experienced candidates.
Second Shift Production Schedule: Mon-Fri 4:30 pm to 1 am; overtime as needed. Come experience the satisfaction of being a part of the building industry!
1. Assembles roof and floor trusses. Processes include insertion or positioning of materials, clamping, splicing, fitting parts and use of both hand and power tools.
2. Plans and implements the assembly process by reading and understanding set-up sheets, work orders, drawings or blueprints and gathers necessary materials and tools to complete order.
3. Ensures that assembled items meet specific quality specifications; may propose process improvements in order to increase finished quality or efficiency of assembly processes.
4. Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related production goals.
5. Responds attentively to training from Supervisor or more senior assemblers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
6. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
7. May perform other duties or projects as assigned by management.
1. Minimum education preferred—High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
2. Knowledge of and ability to use a variety hand and power tools to assemble either building materials components products.
3. Manual dexterity.
4. Knowledge of safety procedures while performing assembly tasks.
5. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written work orders or verbal instructions.
6. Ability to read and understand simple diagrams or blueprints.
7. Other: Temperatures will vary. Dusty and noisy environment when operating machines and tools. Ear protection required when exposed to noise for an extended period of time. Eye protection and steel toed (safety toed) hard sole leather boots required at all times. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 100 pounds.